With the release of Avid Interplay Central 1.3, Avid Isis users, integrating Inerplay Central, now give producers, assistants and loggers, wide area network access the Avid Isis and Interplay. Whether creating news packages, logging reality TV footage, or editing and sending video for review and approval, users save several steps with a single browser-based view. Depending on an organization’s system size and upgrade intervals, Interplay Central can provide significant reduction in both implementation time and cost.
Interplay Central 1.3 is suitable for many users within media organizations, including:
- Producers: Search and browse media, create shot lists and notes, review and annotate edits.
- Ingest operators and loggers: Rapidly select and tag media by creating markers and subclips for easy searching and speedier editing.
- News directors and producers: Use an iPad to browse rundowns, edit scripts, and review video.
- Journalists: Create complete packages on their laptop with video, audio, and scripts; break stories from the field with iPad, iPhone and BlackBerry; and, replace printed scripts with iPad Presenter mode.
- Management and operations: Reduce costs with a single, lightweight low-maintenance user interface that works across for multiple applications, streamlines workflows, and increases productivity
- Media sub-clipping- Create text markers and subclip video or live feeds, allowing easy search and retrieval of relevant content
- Interplay Central downloadable client software for Apple iPad from iTunes allowing producers ability to be connected to the production anywhere.
Key Code Media has helped clients deploy over 100 Isis systems and 10+ Interplay systems. Our Consulting and Design team can analyze your workflow, ascertain aspects of significant productivity improvements delivering your business a true pay back and return on investment analysis. Call us today 818-303-3900 to engage and analyze how Interplay Central can improve your business’ productivity. Key Code Media represents the Western United States.
Avid® is pleased to announce qualification of the HP Z820 Workstation with Media Composer, NewsCutter, Symphony, Mojo DX and Nitris DX. Rendering and CPU performance are increased from 17% to 90% speed performances. This rackable system provides 7 expansion slots, 7 expansion bays and 4-channel integrated DDR3 memory with 16 slots and support for up to 512GBs. Perfect for easily fitting into a machine room rack. With USB 3.0 ports on the front and internal to the system, the HP Z820 Workstation offers a variety of storage and I/O options including a wide range of internal HDD/ODD and external SATA devices to increase flexibility.
Key Code Media will be shortly posting performance differences between the HP Z820 versus the Mac Pro (to the power of 12) to give our clients the latest in speed differentiation. Already, we’ve tested Adobe CS6 on the Z800 versus the Mac Pro and seen 20%+ greater performance in rendering files on HP systems. Stay tuned.
Product Compatibility: HP Z820 systems qualified with Media Composer, Symphony, NewsCutter, Mojo DX and Nitris DX
• Media Composer, Symphony, NewsCutter, Mojo DX and Nitris DX have been qualified
o Open I/O customers should check with individual hardware vendors for compatibility information
• ISIS and local storage is qualified for use with the HP Z820 Workstation
The HP Z820 Workstation can be used with any of the following software versions:
• Media Composer 6.5 or higher
• Symphony 6.5 or higher
• NewsCutter 10.5 or higher
HP 820 Workstation Specifications
• Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
• Dual Intel® 6-Core Xeon® E5-2640 2.5GHz 15MB cache or Dual Intel® 8-Core Xeon® E5-2665 Processors @ 2.4GHz 20MB cache
• 16GB DDR3-1600 (8x2GB) RAM
• NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB GPU
• 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 1st HDD
• 16X SuperMulti DVDRW SATA
• HP SAS Back Panel Connector Kit
Specifications and links to the slot configurations will be published to the Avid Knowledge Base Windows Specification Document.
With HP and Avid you can be confident that you’ve picked a winning combination:
- HP and Avid Relationship
- Optimized Hardware
- Certified Applications
- HP Innovations
- Complete Range of HP solutions
For more information, visit http://www.keycodemedia.com/Avid-Products/media-composer-6 or call us. West Coast Coverage in Seattle, San Francisco, Burbank, Santa Monica and Las Vegas.
Key Code Media announces Exciting news from the StorageDNA front.
StorageDNA is releasing some very cool features June 30th. The new features were shown off at NAB 2012 and the beta testing has gone incredibly well.
miniMAM™Version 2.0 gives DNA Evolution its first set of miniMAM features including:
- Clip view
- Enhanced web view that virtualizes a set of files in a file-system to a clip view; for example,
when archiving an Avid MediaFiles folder with a number of files, DNA Evolution will present
an enhanced virtual view that presents clips rather than the underlying file structure; this clip
view will match what the editor sees in Avid® Media Composer®, and will also enable
searching on clip names to quickly find what is needed
- Clip-name extraction support for the following file types (P2 Op Atom MXF, Avid Op Atom
MXF, MOVs, Op 1a MXF)
- Clip-name extraction extended to other file-types (such as, XDCAM) post-version 2.0
• Proxy view
- DNA Evolution will be able to play proxies tied to clips
- Proxies will not be auto-generated by DNA Evolution, however, DNA Evolution can be
configured to point to a proxy directory and it will index and link the proxy to the hi-res; proxy
to hi-res link is maintained by looking for a partial name match of the hi-res in the proxy
- The proxies are web playable via a QuickTime® player; as long as the proxies are playable in
QuickTime, they will be viewable
Enhanced bin/sequence archiving and restore for Avid®, FCP 7, Adobe®
• DNA Evolution will feature a fully automated mechanism for editors to archive and restore their bins
and sequences, without the need for IT help
• The mechanism will allow an editor to export a bin/sequence in a watch folder via AAF/XML
• Once exported, DNA Evolution will process the bin/sequence for archive or restore and manage the
• Editors will be able to view the progress via a web URL
• Supported types:
o Avid AAF for AMA and non-AMA media
o Final Cut Pro® 7 XML
o Adobe® Premiere® AAF/XML
Avid® Interplay® support
• DNA Evolution integrates with Avid Interplay as an archive engine to transparently archive and
restore content from the Interplay Access/Media Composer interface
• DNA Evolution integrates into Avid Interplay via web services, eliminating the need for an additional
• DNA Evolution integrates with CatDV as an archive engine to archive and restore content from the
• DNA Evolution integrates with the CatDV worker node and provides a native way for CatDV users to
archive, delete, move, and restore content
• DNA Evolution supports queuing on the autoloader/library models
• Queuing allows multiple jobs to be initiated to the same autoloader; DNA Evolution can then queue
the jobs and also enables prioritization of the jobs
Support for Thunderbolt™ PCIe expansion devices
• A Thunderbolt version of DNA Evolution, designed to offer “true” desktop/laptop archiving to LTO, will
• This version of DNA Evolution can be installed on any Mac® laptop with a Thunderbolt port for field or
standalone archiving and restores
DNA Evolution features a rapid tape verification function:
• Before source content is deleted, DNA Evolution can perform a verification and checksum of the
content written to tape; the verification will perform LTFS tape health checks and content checks
ensuring complete tape and content integrity
Give us a call 818-303-3900 or email email@example.com
We have demo systems in Burbank, Seattle, San Francisco and Santa Monica
Key Code Media is looking for full time, part-time, and freelance
field technicians for our Burbank and Santa Monica offices. We are
always on the lookout for great people who are knowledgeable with
Media Composer, Avid Unity, Avid ISIS, Interplay, Final Cut Pro,
Autodesk, Isilon and various other products. Full time positions
include benefits & 401k. Current ACSR certs are a plus. Pay is
commensurate based on experience, current Avid Certification,
and knowledge of other products.
Right now we are in need of the following:
One full time ISIS Expert (Interplay experience a plus)
Several Freelance ACSR’s – Unity and ISIS experience a plus, but not
If you are interested, please send a resume to
NAB is right around the corner. Key Code Media is ready to get the latest information out as we here it.
A new partner of ours, Eyeon, officially announced an incredibly cool AVX plug in. Below is the press release:
If you’re interested in seeing this, they will not be on the NAB floor, but Key Code Media can set up a private demo in the Renaissance Hotel, but you need to call us asap. 818-303-3900, 415-221-0300, 206-728-4000 or 310-401-6700. We will have a lunch and learn showing this amazing compositing integration within the Avid MediaComposer.
eyeon Connection® Bridges AVID® Workflow
Toronto, Canada: April 11, 2012… eyeon Software Inc. is pleased to announce a new development in eyeon Connection® that integrates directly with Avid Technology, Inc.’s AVX2 architecture, supporting the recent editions of Avid’s Media Composer®, Symphony™, NewsCutter®, and Avid DS™ product lines within eyeon Fusion® and eyeon Dimension®.
Connection directly embeds Fusion’s advanced node-based VFX supercomputing environment and Dimension’s optical flow-based Stereoscopic and high-level image processing application in the Avid timeline. Fusion and Dimension can exist on the same systems as the Avid software or anywhere else on the network. This is a tremendous advantage to existing Avid supporting technologies, as it provides unprecedented concurrent editing, VFX creation, and stereoscopic production in the Avid workflow.
“With eyeon Connection, a simple drag and drop to the Avid timeline gives editors and artists direct access to our products. For the first time, Avid clients will have an unlimited node effects and stereo environment for creative compositing and motion graphics. Combined with Avid’s renowned pedigree in the editing markets, eyeon’s resolution independence and real 3d products expand the Avid experience to a new frontier in film and broadcast visual effects.”
~ Jeff Krebs, Director of Sales, eyeon Software
Avid editing solutions get direct access to Fusion and Dimension toolsets without leaving the Avid project, offloading creative tasks, such as particle generation and virtual environments, and tedious tasks, such as advanced keying and rotoscoping. This eliminates the import/export process.
Avid News and Motion Graphics
In the case of NewsCutter workflows or motion graphics generation, the artist directly links to the Avid timeline. No server storage and importing of elements are required.
The critical processes of conforming, finishing and packaging now have direct integration with Fusion to solve last minute issues. Utilizing Dimension’s superior stereo alignment, correction, and color matching toolset is now seamless in the Avid finishing workflow. Integrate feature film quality VFX immediately in the timeline.
Overall Benefits Include
• Seamless connection to the Avid timelines will quickly auto-populate the Avid clip with no import intervention required.
• A simple edit effect button within the Avid interface will allow Avid artists to instantly reopen eyeon comps and workflows for modifications.
• Comps can be opened without the Avid host, yet the results will still populate the timeline.
• Extremely fast processing via multi CPU and GPU.
• Concurrent editing and Fusion rendering.
• Avid and Fusion can be on the same workstation or elsewhere on the network with the same integration.
• Advanced Fusion toolset includes Primatte5.
• 3D scene importing, models, cameras, lights, and virtual environments.
• Motion graphics, titling tools, and particle system.
• VFX tools are robust feature film developed and proven.
• Stereo monitoring support on many TV’s and projectors.
• HDRI floating point color pipeline.
• ARRI®, RED®, Phantom®, and other native camera formats integrated.
“We are looking forward to implementing this time saver into our workflow. Eyeon has consistently delivered the tools needed to take the workflow to the next level and this AVX support is yet another feather in their cap.”
~ Terence Curren, Founder, Alpha Dogs
Pricing and Availability
Connection with AVX2 support will be included as part of Fusion and Dimension 6.4 at no additional charge for current subscription owners.
Join Key Code Media and Facilis at the Federal Bar in North Hollywood on March 15 (http://bit.ly/x1IQMU)for the LA Launch of TerraBlock 5.5. This is a major release connecting Mac, PC and Linux workstations together. Imagine, Avid MediaComposer, FinalCutPro and Autodesk Flame Premium or Smoke all working off the same high performance fiber channel connected drives.
Join the Facilis Executive team and Key Code Media for a great pre-NAB event.
What you’ll see:
Linux Shared File System- Linux clients are now able to mount Multi-User Write volumes via Fibre Channel or Ethernet.
TX16 Capacity Expansion- The TerraBlock TX16 Expansion Chassis is a 3U chassis containing 16 drives.
RAID 50- Multi-user Write RAID5 tandem volume spanning across multiple TerraBlock servers.
RAID 51- Multi-user Write RAID5 tandem volume that is mirrored across multiple TerraBlock servers.
Recovery (Rebuild) Priority- The Recovery Priority feature allows users to pause or control the priority of the recovery.
Locate Drive- The Locate Drive feature allows users to easily locate a specific drive in the TerraBlock server.
Premier Pro Project Sharing
The Facilis Project Manager application now allows users to manage and lock both Apple Final Cut Pro (v 7.x) and Adobe Premiere Pro projects.
- Media Composer 6 support
- Mac 10.7.3 support
- Facilis File Migration OSX
Digital Video and Media is transforming how organizations communicate. Key Code Media is a leading video integration and solutions provider. We are looking to hire a top sales professional to continue the growth of our Northwest Territory.
The individual we seek thrives by engaging organizations to improve their ability to leverage technology and video. Applicant must have understanding of solution based selling strategies, economic justification models and enjoy selling.
If this describes you, then this job is a perfect fit. This position is great for a professional who needs guidance skills improvement, but does not need the oversight of daily micromanagement.
• Continued development of our Northwest Sales Office
• Meet with clients and demonstrate key products
• Make outbound prospecting calls to build opportunities
• 1-2 Years Experience in Video or Media Related Technologies
• 1-2 Years Experience Sales/Account Management
• Sales Account Managers must have the ability to work in a high-energy team environment, be self motivated and goal oriented. We find that individuals who have a true passion for sales are those who top the income charts.
• This is a position within our sales organization and as such the candidate is considered to be part of the overall corporate sales initiative. A “team player” attitude is expected.
• Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills, along with the ability to prioritize activities to ensure customer satisfaction and at the same time maximize profits are required.
• College degree desired, but not required.
• Computer Literate- experience in using Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, or equivalents.
Submit your resume and a compelling cover letter on why you are the candidate for us.
All resume’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org